Monday 17 December 2012

Preparations

This winter, nature has certainly done her best to speed up reaching our Christmas spirits. It’s been snowing almost constantly for days and there’s no end in sight. This time we should have no worries: my persuasions finally worked and he ordered a snow blower that should be here in a couple of days.

The house is practically ready to welcome the festive season and we still have one more week to go, which is most unusual for me. I am no magician in the kitchen but the preparations by the oven are now under way. Yesterday I did some baking, among others two units of my favourite Christmas cake (a fruit cake flavoured with brandy) pictured above. The recipe can be found in one of my very first posts here. Happy pre-Christmas time to you, too!


No comments:

Post a Comment