Wednesday 16 July 2014

Back to normal

Hello there! Life has finally returned to normal after the FIFA World Cup. I’m not at all a sportswoman – very far from that to tell the truth – but such major events tend to get me carried away. There is something addictive in watching top-class team sports. The entertainment, excitement and skill will turn anyone into a fan, at least for a while.



It might have been annoying to spend so many hours with the matches had we not had such a cool and rainy June. However, the further the World Cup progressed, the better the weather turned. We are now back to normal summer conditions. Not perfect but tolerable, with quite a lot of sunshine and an occasional shower.



So we are again occupying ourselves most of the time outdoors and are finally having most of our meals on the patio, terrace or balcony.



A moment or two in the hammock by the clematis ‘Hagley Hybrid’ or under the maple on the hanging chair facing the blooming mock orange and loosestrifes is all you need to feel completely happy: life is good!




Instead of sitting by the screen watching soccer into the small hours of the night I’m again free to sit by my laptop, in principle that it. I’m trying to force myself to bed by midnight, at least every once in a while. I do hope this will be the new normal one day.


More about my clematises here.



4 comments:

  1. Looks just perfect! Just perfect, amazing summer! Onneksi ovat lupailleet parempia kelejä loppukesälle, eikö? Fingers crossed;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AInakin toistaiseksi kolmekymppiä ylittyy päivittäin. Toivotaan lämmintä ja pitkää loppukesää ja syksyä!

      Delete
  2. Thank you for your comment on my blog - I think that you are correct about my clematis being 'Hagley Hybrid'. I am now following you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy I could be of help. I'm planning to have a closer look at your blog one of these days, too.

      Delete