Monday 1 August 2016

Sweet July

July was wonderful, full of outdoor activities and other simple pleasures of life. We kept ourselves busy doing nothing but enjoying Nordic summer, practically at the same address by the sea. The heavy rainfall that tormented many parts of the country pretty much skipped our region. It wasn’t all sunshine but it does feel like that. Although I only managed to publish two posts in July I did keep my camera at hand and even took it out every once in a while. Let the photos speak for themselves.


































4 comments:

  1. What a perfect place! Beautiful cats, scenery and food. Love the thought of swimming late in the evening. Continue to enjoy your wonderful new summer home. B x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Barbara. It is my son taking a swim from the sauna, which is customary whenever the sauna is located by water. And the sauna is traditionally warmed up in the evening. He was accompanied by a group of common eiders, which was rather unusual. They were quite close to him at first but I didn't catch that.

      Delete
  2. This is so lovely! I felt I was on vacation, too! I can feel the peace and serenity. The cats look very contented, too :) Such a beautiful place. x K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does feel like an extended vacation. This time my daughter stayed for two weeks with her cats. Even though they are pedigree and cannot be let out unattended they very much enjoyed being able to explore the grounds, especially the silver tabby male who is more daring.

      Delete